Google Trends is a relatively new tool from Google and they have added a few nifty features which will help give your content marketing a boost and ensure you get the results you want. In a nutshell, Google Trends allows you to search for any word, phrase or term in order to determine how it measures up in terms of search volume on the web. This enables you to see the popularity of the search term over a period of time.
Tips on making the most out of Google Trends:
- Keyword Research. When it comes to Search Engine Optimisation, the keyword is one of the most important components of the entire search process as this is what customers are going to use in order to find you on the web. Google Trend allows you to see how popular certain keywords are. By using this information, you can optimise your online properties and create content that is more SEO friendly.
- Brand monitoring. This is an excellent way to see if people are searching for your business and will offer valuable insight as to where you stand against your competitors. You can also use this to track what people are talking about by searching words or terms related to your industry and this will allow you to tailor your content according to what your customer base is interested in.
- Trend research. Finding out what is popular and trendy at any given time is an incredibly valuable marketing tool. By finding out what is trending in general or specifically to your industry, you can attract plenty of buzz and interest by tailoring your marketing around a specific trend.
- Content inspiration. When you use Google Trends as a way to research, you will find inspiration that may trigger ideas for new content. Creating unique content that is relevant is the best form of SEO.
- Sentiment analysis. High search volumes do not necessarily mean all good things. By being able to determine where the division lies between positive and negative attention, you will be able to figure out where your business needs to improve as well as determine what it is you are doing right.
When you use Google Trends correctly, it offers valuable insight into the minds and needs of your target audience and provides the inside information you need to create better content and potentially get ahead of your competition.
At WSI OMS, we offer our clients world class solutions for all aspects of digital marketing and will work with you every step of the way to educate you and your employees on the various components as well as the value of digital marketing. To learn more about our services, contact us today.