When it comes to digital marketing for e-commerce platforms, many people are focused on retargeting and a mix of inbound and outbound marketing efforts. Social media usually does not top the list of things that marketers should focus on, but a new infographic by Prima Software shows how valuable social media can be when used to market e-commerce websites.
Here are some of the most interesting statistics from their research:
- 26% of consumers are likely to use Facebook to discover and buy new items online. With over 2 billion monthly active users, that is a huge target audience for you to tap into.
- 95% of online adults aged 18 to 34 are most likely to follow a brand via social networking.
- 75% of customers say they use social media as part of the buying process.
- In 2017, online retail sales were up 12,1%, on average year on year, and amounted to approximately 149 billion pounds.
- 55% of people make a purchase after social media discovery.
If you have an e-commerce website but are not yet using social media marketing to engage with your target and drive sales, then you are missing on a huge market. Be sure to build brand awareness, reply to customer queries, create quirky videos, show merchandise pictures and drive engagement on these platforms.