For the last few years, businesses have had the luxury of deciding what they will sell, what their marketing message will be, and how they are going to deliver it to the audience they want to reach. The explosion of the online world has changed everything. It is 2012 and we are in the age of Web 2.0 (social media marketing). To have a solid well planned strategy in this new business environment is just as important as it has every been.
Never get distracted from the importance of having a strategy by all the new social media channels that are released everyday. Also, don’t get lured into spending huge amounts of money just because everyone is doing it. Social media allows you to do in depth research at virtually no cost. With social media it is possible to get a good ROI (return on investment), but a social media strategy should always support your business goals and objectives.
Have a look below on how you can create a social media strategy with a positive return.
Social media strategy
- Listening: Always try to listen to the conversations that is happening right now about your business online. Who is talking about your business and what are they saying?
- Analysis: Analyse the content you are going to publish on various social media channels.
- Identify: Identify gaps, threats and opportunities. This can also help you identify the brand influencers in your industry.
- Brainstorming: Make everyone in your company part of your strategy and ask them for new ideas. A few brains is better than one brain.
- Goals: Set realistic goals and define solid metrics and benchmarks.
- Plan: Create a tactical plan and choose the right social media channels you are going to use.
- Engagement: Engage in conversations and facilitate conversations about your services and products.
- Measurement: Always try to review and measure the results of your social media initiative.
- Adjustments: After you have reviewed your campaign, adjust all the activities as needed.