Social media”best practices” change constantly. And to expect that the entire organisation will be equipped with the knowledge to appropriately participate would be, in most cases, incorrect. Companies must assess the”must dos” to share with employees such as compliance and ethical considerations, and they also, increasingly, need to keep employees inspired by refreshing them with new ideas and best practices in the social space.
Train for social media etiquette
Decide what your company feels are the best ways to communicate in social media. This may be always responding within a certain time frame, only responding to questions that can be answered publicly or even teaching employees how to use the most popular channels for maximum impact. When more people become involved in social media activity, more personalities and communication
- Styles become representative of your brand. Equip these people with the proper ways to speak and respond on social channels, as well as the expectations and preferences of your online networks.
- Train for social media business goals
- This may sound self-serving, but the communication of various internal teams should, when appropriate, tie back to the roles and goals they have as employees. The sales team should not be responding to members of the media asking questions about corporate news, and the HR team should not try to answer product or service inquiries. Defining the ways that each group can best help further business goals while also helping to communicate with networks to create positive experiences helps both your company and your networks.
Social Media Training
- Provide company guidelines and etiquette
- Identify business goals and manage the process
- Webinars, classes, best practices, communication tech training and adopting Social Media practices Company-Wide, use industry experts to provide up to date training on an ongoing basis
- Is your company ready, culturally, to expand social media into all parts of the business?
- Who are the internal teams that should be using social media?
- Who is/are the best people to serve as internal stakeholders for training and guidance?
- A huge aspect of rolling out social media across the enterprise entails being able to manage this activity in a coordinated way. For most companies, this means having the tools and systems to scale activity. Using a social media management dashboard offers the opportunity to be efficient – but it also means employees must know how to use the technology effectively to do their jobs, alternatively outsource your social media marketing in order to entrench the processes whilst creating a ‘test and learn’ culture within your business.