Social Media Marketing is the new frontier and trend in the online marketing industry. Every business small or large should develop strategies on creating their first “Social Media Marketing Initiative” if they haven’t done so already.
Why is social media so important and why should you start using it in your marketing strategies? Social Media comprises of many online tools including social networks, blogs, photo sharing websites and video sharing websites. The reason why you should be implementing social media in your marketing mix is because your clients are already using it daily. Popular social media websites includes Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr. There’s hundreds of them but only a few good ones. Social media is a two way interaction rather than one way monologues. It involves the building of relationships and conversations with your readers.
Why you should use Social Media?
- Your customers are there: Millions of every day internet users reads blogs, listen to podcasts, participate in facebook activities, Twitter, etc.
- Your competition isn’t there: Most small and medium sized businesses are not using social media yet. Many large organizations are beginning to market thru social media.
- Cost effective: Most social media are free to use. Often the time spent will out weight the return. Reach your targeted audience without having to lay down a single cent.
- Website traffic: Marketing with social media can bring traffic and links to any website. Social media is not only popular with readers, but search engines give high importance to links from social media sites.
- Extend your reach: Marketing thru social media introduces your company to new prospects. Traditional media and website marketing reaches a different audience than social media.
There are thousands of social media sites and options available to your company.