One of the easiest entries into online social media is through the creation and use of blogs and forums. Blogs and forums can create a channel through which you can communicate with your clients. The benefit of using blogs and forums is that they are usually simple to create and are a low cost approach to social media marketing. Here is how you can succeed in the use of blogs and forums;
Making your company blog successful
- Use experienced writers with industry knowledge. Your blog posts should be written by individuals who have a full understanding of your products & services.
- Have an administrator – You should always have a blog moderator. An administrator will be responsible for the management of the blog e.g. approving and declining of comments.
- Hold Contests and giveaways – This is one good way of generating interest for your blog. Holding competitions can provide an incentive to your blog followers to talk about your business and frequently visit your blog.
- Offer RSS technology – Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds allows your readers to keep up with your blog in an automated manner. RSS feeds will also make it easier for your blog readers to access your content.
- Interview Experts – It is crucial to always interview industry experts. Industry experts usually have a huge following.
Making your company forum successful
- Allow users to post questions – You should always allow your forum users to post questions. This is a good way of getting feedback about your products and services.
- Evaluate client feedback – Evaluating feedback from your clients will help you to improve your company’s initiatives.
- Set rules – It is essential to have a set of rules that govern your forum. Clear policies should be outlined for instance you must forbid your competitors from posting advertising messages on your board.
- Dedicate time & resources – Creating a successful forum requires a serious commitment of time and resources. You need not to spend more than 10 hours a week.