As a business owner, you probably know how important it is to back up your data and client folders, but don’t neglect something that you put hours into each week – your blog! You don’t know when some weird update or an accidental slip of the wrist deletes years of posts, comments and data from plug-ins.
Thankfully there’s a new WordPress plug-in that is bound to solve your blog back-up problems. It’s Backup to Dropbox and it allows WordPress users to take their posts and other data from their WordPress blogs and automatically save it to their Dropbox account.
DropBox is a storage solution that’s free to use up until 2GB and it involves storing your data in a cloud, or in layman’s terms “on the Internet”. This doesn’t mean that your information is open for anyone to access – it just means that it’s available online if you ever need it.
Back-up your blog in six easy steps:
- Sign up for a DropBox account (2GB is free);
- Install the plugin Backup to DropBox from your WordPress dashboard;
- Activate the plugin and open your settings;
- Authorise the app by clicking “Allow”;
- Back on your dashboard, open your plugin settings and set up your schedule;
- Make sure you’ve ticked or unticked the boxes of files you want (or don’t want) backed up.
It’s as simple as that. If you have a WordPress blog or site – you should definitely use this new tool.