Google released a PDF guide on how to optimize your website for search engines a couple of months ago. This is an excellent guide for webmasters and website owners learning about SEO. These on page SEO methods if used correctly, can greatly enhance your presence on the web.
Find below what is explained in the guide.
- Tips on creating unique, accurate page titles;
- Making use of the “description” meta tag;
- Improving the structure of your URLs;
- Good practices for site navigation;
- Quality content and services;
- How to write better anchor text;
- Tips on using heading tags appropriately;
- Good practices for images;
- Make effective use of the robots.txt file;
- Guidance on rel=”nofollow” for links;
- Tips on promoting your website in the right ways;
- Making use of the free Google webmaster tools;
- Taking advantage of web analytics services.
Click on the link below to download the guide.