Squidoo is a popular website with social media characteristics where members (sign up is free) can create pages about any topic. This is an excellent way to get additional exposure for your services, products, brand, blog or website. Squidoo is one of those free alternatives that should be used along with a website and a blog.
The biggest challenge small companies face is “getting the word out” and to make them selves known to the world. With Squidoo it is possible! Advetising and marketing can get expensive. Turning to various forms and channels of social media is an excellent and cost affective alternative. You can build trust and credibility by building lasting relationships with social media but it does take time and dedication to get optimal results.
A short background about Squidoo: It was developed by Seth Godin with the idea that nearly everyone is an expert on something. Squidoo allows people to provide information, voice their opinion or recommend products and services that they like. The members of Squidoo are called “Lensmasters” and the pages they create are called “Lenses”.
For a “Lens” to be effective it needs to focus on a single topic and should provide valuable information that your targeted readers/customer would find useful.
Find a couple of tips below for creating and optimizing your Squidoo Lens to get the best results from one.
- Always focus on a single topic and subject that would be interesting to targeted users.
- Visit the popular lenses on Squidoo and research how these Lenses present their information and tell their story.
- Choose keywords and keyword phrases carefully. Research the keyword phrases that people are searching for and that describes your subject.
- Be sure to make your content informative and unique. Once again – uniqueness is the key! Write your content on something that people would like to read and even show their friends.
- Bookmark your new lens with popular social bookmarking websites to get the word out about your new “Lens”. Bookmarking and linking will help promoting your lens and move it up in the rankings on Squidoo, bringing you even more traffic.
- Use StumbleUpon and Digg to give it a thumbs up.
- Blog about your “Lens” and link to it.
Squidoo is a way for companies to improve their brand and to reach new audiences. To get the best results from Squidoo, use it together with your blog or website.