Inbound marketing and business to business (B2) marketing are different because individuals want an experience and businesses are focused on a positive return on investment. Both, however, want a problem solved. We provide a quick guide to inbound and business to business (B2) marketing.
What is Inbound Marketing?
The purpose of inbound marketing is to attract customers by creating valuable content and experiences tailored to them. It forms connections customers are looking for and solves problems they already have. It is, however, not enough to attract people to your website, you must also continue to help and support them after they become a customer. Inbound marketing strategies include three aspects:
- Attracting strategy: create and publish content such as blog articles, content offers and social media that provide value and optimise content with SEO. Attract the right customers with relevant content at the right time.
- Engaging strategy: communicate and deal with leads and customers in a way that will help create a lasting relationship with customers and potential customers on the channels they prefer. Use tools such as conversational bots, email marketing and marketing automation.
- Delighting strategy: ensure customers are happy and supported long after they make a purchase, as delighted customers can become brand advocates. Use tools such as email and marketing automation or create content customers can share.
What is Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing?
Business-to-business (B2B) marketing involves the sale of your product or service to another company. It targets the needs, interests and challenges of individuals who make purchases for or on behalf of their company, thus making the company the customer. Here are some B2B marketing strategies you can use:
- B2B email marketing: business customers look for logic and a positive return on investment (ROI), so emails must focus on things that matter to them.
- B2B digital marketing: to be effective you must define your buyer persona, use the best website design, optimise your presence with SEO and use pay per click (PPC) advertising.
- B2B content marketing: content marketing provides valuable information to the consumer and business blogs are a great content marketing resource.
- B2B social media marketing: businesses are more likely to purchase from a company they can track through social media, so social media is a powerful tool to build brand awareness.
Link building is an essential part of SEO and a powerful way to boost your website’s presence on search engines. Contact us today for more information on link building and the inbound marketing services WSI OMS offers.