There is no doubt that email marketing is one of the most powerful tools out there when it comes to product and content marketing. Carefully designed and integrated with other digital marketing strategies such as your social media campaign, email marketing is the most direct way to reach your customers. It encourages the engagement and click-through your to website where you need conversions, SEO and long-term link-building.
Here are 6 tips to help you use your email marketing to maximum effect
- Use in-depth market research (real data) on your customers to design targeted content based on what you know they are likely to read and want. This may seem obvious, but very often what you think is great content is what you want them to want to read – not what they want to read.
- Keep your content short and easy to read – with easy to see and enticing links inviting your customers to ‘find out more’ or even better: ‘get more’.
- Offer something special in each mailer. Make the offer part of your content header. Be consistent, offering deals, competition or rewards they will want. The customers or potential customers on your mailing list will start to look forward to your emails.
- Personalise your content: address your customers as you would friends. Show that you know and like them. Invite them to know and like you in return (and therefore trust you and your product).
- Ask for feedback, such as what they’d like to see or read next or what products they like. Do this on a regular basis. Again, keep it short and simple so that it is quick for them to give that feedback. This will feed your in-depth market research on your customers and help you personalise your content even more over time.
- Throw in a couple of surprises every now and again. Vary your templates and your approach so that your emails don’t become predictable and boring.
A couple of practical tips for email marketing
- Ask your site visitors to add you to their contact lists: your emails will never be spam if they are invited.
- Make the unsubscribe button in your mail template obvious. People hate feeling trapped.
- Don’t mail too often. Track response carefully and adjust accordingly. Less can be more when it comes to email marketing strategy.
Contact us today for more information on e-mail marketing and how we can help you design an email marketing strategy as an essential part of your digital marketing campaign.