The Business Continuity Management (BCM) conference will be taking place on 11 – 12 July, 2012 at the Indaba Hotel in Fourways, Johannesburg. The event is aimed at promoting excellence in the business continuity profession and is endorsed by the Business Continuity Institute.
I have been invited to present at the event where I will be discussing Marketing with BCM and using social media for strategic planning.
Social Media and Business Continuity Management
- Can one use social media in a crisis as a simple method of communicating with a large group of individuals?
- If a well-devised strategy is put in place before an event happens, can the immediacy of social media lend itself well to continuity management?
- Organisations need to understand the strengths and pitfalls of their chosen communication medium.
- How can social media be used within an organisation’s BCM plan?
- Focus areas: Customer Relationships, Brand Familiarity, Research and Feedback.