Netvibes is the first personalised dashboard publishing platform for the Web including digital life management, widget distribution services and brand observation rooms. Use Netvibes to pull all your social and business networking accounts, RSS feeds and more all into one dashboard. Follow these easy steps to create and customise your Netvibes dashboard.
Step 1: Dashboard It
- Go to www.netvibes.com, enter the topic you are interested in and click the “Dashboard It” button.
- Choose an image (or “no image”) from the pop up window for your dashboard and you’re on your way.
Step 2: Add and delete content
- A wizard will pop up
- Click on the wizard and let it take you through the quick tour on how to add or delete tabs, widgets and RSS feeds.
- Search for content by clicking on “Add Content” and then find content by browsing – “Browse categories”, choosing from “Essential widgets” or adding feeds with “Add a feed”.
Step 3: Add Google Reader feeds
It is best if your Google Reader feeds are organised into folders before exporting them as Netvibes then place each folder on a separate tab when you import the feeds.
- Go to your Google Reader
- lick Settings on the top right of the page
- Click Import/Export ta
- Click Export your subscriptions as an OPML file link
- Save the file on your desktop
- Go to your Netvibes dashboard
- Click on “Add content”
- Click on “Add a feed”
- Click on “Import”
- Click the “Browse” button
- Find the file you just saved
- Click “Import”
Step 4: Save your dashboard
- Save this dashboard by signing up for Netvibes.
- Click the “Sign Up” icon in the top right corner.
- Register using a username, email (to which confirmation email will be sent), and password.
Step 5: Customize the header
Go to settings > click on “Create” under Themes > click “Edit current theme”.
- Colour : Choose the colour for the bottom layer
- Tiled image : insert a tile-able background (which will be repeated) if you choose
- Header image : upload an image which will be centred in the header (such as your logo)
- Text colour : choose a colour for the simple text elements in the header (like page title)
- Link colour : choose a colour for links in the header
- Add Content button: choose a variation of the top bar “Add content” button.
Step 6: Customise the tabs
Click on the “Tabs” tab.
- Border colour : define the tab border colour
- Background colour : define the background colour of every tab, selected or not
- Text colour : define the colour of tab names
Step 7: Customise the widget area
- Click on the “Widget area” tab.
- Customize the widget area’s background colour and background-image with the fields “Background colour” and “Background image”
Step 8: Customise the widgets
- Edit the border, background and text colours for the widget header and body so it fits in with your theme.
Step 9: Customise the footer
- Edit the “Background colour” and upload an image if you choose (note: this background image will be automatically repeated).
- Edit the text and link colours of the footer to suit your theme.
- Add the necessary info
- Tick “Don’t publish in ecosystem” if you do not want your theme to be publicly available to others for use
- Tick “I agree to the terms of service”
- Click “next step”
- Click “Apply to Netvibes” and click on the page you would like the theme to be added to.
Step 10: Adjust header height
You can now go to settings and customise (under themes) and adjust the header height so the image (logo) you added at the top fits perfectly in the header.
And there you go! Your Netvibes is set up, customised and ready to enjoy every day with the latest news and content you choose delivered to you in real time!