Instagram is a social media marketing must-have, as it’s a great platform to visually present the services or products of your business. With a focus on images, including video, it allows your business to make connections and share posts across multiple social platforms. For instance, according to Instagram, more than 200 million users visit at least one business profile daily.
Below, we discuss what else Instagram offers as well as how to set up your account.
Instagram Is Mobile-First, With Shoppable Posts
The vast scope of Instagram is just the tip of the iceberg. Here is what else is offered:
- One of the more noticeable aspects of Instagram posts is the use of #hashtags – keywords that summarize what is being said in your post. This makes it easy for you to not only to be found, but also to be recognisable.
- Because it was created in 2010, Instagram is truly mobile-first. This means that you can be in the pocket of your prospects and customers – increasing your engagement with them through high-quality photos, local hashtags and even by uniting with other brands.
- Instagram recently launched Instagram Shoppable Posts that allows users to tag and shop products directly from organic Instagram posts. Simply add tags to the products in your photos with links that include the product description, price and the ability to “shop now”, which will lead the user to your online store.
How to Set up Your Instagram for Business Account
Follow these easy steps to set up your Instagram business account:
- Start by setting up a business Instagram account or converting a personal account to business.
- Decide on an appropriate social media marketing campaign, bearing the following in mind:
- Who you are marketing to?
- What stage of the customer journey are you targeting? Is it the awareness, engagement, conversion or the customer?
- Why you are marketing?
- What are your goals?
- How will you measure marketing success?
- What is your timeframe?
- When you will be posting? (Keep in mind that a regular posting schedule is imperative.)
- Optimize your profile for the best results.
- Test and measure using Instagram Insights.