A website is the building blocks for establishing your online reputation. In today’s world, many people will browse to your website for more information regarding your company before doing any business with you. More and more people are browsing the internet at work and even at home.
If you are a local hardware shop, why do you need a website? You don’t want somebody across the country contacting you to purchase and deliver a screwdriver to them. As a internet marketing company, we often hear comments like this from small business owners.
The most important reason why you should have a website is that more people are using the Internet than the Yellow pages. People are looking for information online and searches the internet for what they want. Why not make it easy for them to learn about your business and services?
Newspapers are quickly losing their ground to the internet as the primary source for local and international shopping information. The internet is now the most widely used media in the world.
Find a couple of tips on websites for small businesses below.
- You can build credibility with your website. In today’s online driven world, all businesses should have a website. Your customers also expects it.
- With your website you can be found in local searches by using the cities that you serve and the products you provide in the text of your website. It is the text on your website that is important to the search engines.
- It will be easier for your customers to find you. With a website you are making this task easier for them. Include your telephone number and your address on your website.
- If you have products, include a description and the advantages of them on your website.
- Include the hours that you are open. Someone might be looking at your website at 3 AM and wants to know when they can come in. Don’t let them wait. Display it on your website.
- Include an about us page on your website. People want to know about you and your history.
- Include a coupon of interest on your website about a special you might be running. Let your customers print out the coupon. This way you will know when they came from the website.