As a social media marketing platform, LinkedIn is not necessarily the first to come to mind. It has a reputation (unfairly assigned) as a tad stuffy and conservative. However, LinkedIn marketing is a powerful means of driving awareness of your brand and increasing your revenue precisely because the content on LinkedIn is more professional and industry-related. When it comes to digital marketing, 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn.
LinkedIn’s Seven Marketing Opportunities
Whether your goal is to increase your brand awareness or to generate fruitful leads, there is a range of features built into LinkedIn to drive these results.
- Pages– Engage with prospects and existing customers using text, links, videos, and images relating to company news, blogs and vlogs, industry news, research, case studies, etc.
For every promotional-type post, you should share four pieces of relevant content.
- SlideShare– Presentations such as webinars, product how-tos and tips, and infographics can be shared with over 70 million monthly unique visitors to SlideShare.
Link your SlideShare presentations to your website to create credible inbound links.
- Groups– Network and boost your standing as a thought leader in your industry by contributing to conversations in Groups.
- Publishing– Stand out as a trustworthy source in your field by publishing your expertise, experiences, and lessons learned as well as pieces on industry trends.
Publishing is available in 20 languages!
- Sponsored Content and Direct Sponsored Content– While both types of ads may be a single image, carousel, or video formats which appear in the feed of targeted LinkedIn members, Sponsored Content Created is visible on your organization’s LinkedIn Page or Showcase Page; and Direct Sponsored Content is not.
- Sponsored InMail– Used to send personalised content marketingmaterial to your target audiences via LinkedIn Messenger.
- Text Ads– These ads appear on the right-hand side or top of the LinkedIn desktop feed and are charged as PPC (pay per click) or CPM (cost per impression).
Contact WSI OMS for more information on how to use LinkedIn in your networking and marketing campaigns.