Want to stay in touch with the top web design trends for 2013? Here are some trends that you should incorporate into your new website designs:
- Responsive web design. Responsive web design solves the problem of having to develop multiple websites for multiple devices. It does this through a set of techniques that adapt website features for each platform – allowing professional web design companies to create a single website for multiple devices.
- Support for retina screens. These screens are twice as dense as any average LCD screen, meaning that twice as many pixels can be fitted into the same sized screen. As popular mobile devices embrace this technology, web designers are looking to build sites that can take advantage of such a pixel-dense screen.
- Scrolling and fixed headings. While the ability to scroll down a web page has been around for a long time, it is definitely changing in its application. By having a fixed heading, a user can scroll infinitely through hundreds of pages of content and still be able to access your website functions on the top of their screen.
- Full photo backgrounds. These customisable, attractive backgrounds fill your entire screen as you browse, giving the user a complete experience of your brand or product on every page. Just keep in mind that your design has to be really clear and crisp in order to inspire rather than overwhelm your user.
- Minimalist and natural design elements. 2013 is all about showing off the essentials of your brand in a crisp, clean, minimal way. Natural design elements like rounded corners and box shadows and clever use of white space creates a sense of restful, uncluttered professionalism.
- QR Codes. These barcode-like images can contain any information that can be accessed via the internet, from business cards, brochures and emails, to product details for online shopping, promotions and other marketing gimmicks – all without cluttering up your website.
Please follow and like us: