Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author’s profile page and delivered to the author’s followers. Twitter may have started as a micro-blogging service; however, it has grown into much more than a simple social gizmo to a powerful business tool.
Here is how you can use twitter to improve your business
- Always put a link back to your website from your tweets.
- You can use your twitter updates to ask your followers about their opinion on your products/services or how you can improve
- Always follow & network with like minded people as you are likely to bounce ideas off each other
- Twitter gives you free publicity for your business
How to get people to follow you on twitter
- Always post sensible tweets that are related to your industry
- Complete your one-line bio. This will give more information about your business to people looking to follow you
- Follow others they are most likely to follow you in return.
- Add twitter to your other social media profiles, blog or website. You can leverage this audience to increase your followers