Social selling requires a strategy, patience and careful attentiveness. Establishing a social media presence is not something that occurs overnight and reaching new customers, generating new business and closing deals takes time. We’ve put together a list of basic do’s and don’ts that can help you as you delve into the world of social selling.
- Identify your business goals before you start. That way you have something by which to measure your results.
- Take advantage of the opportunities to form one-on-one relationships with consumers. Whether answering a comment, question, or complaint, social selling allows you to engage on new levels.
- Monitor your competition. One advantage of social media websites is they allow you to gather competitive intelligence and there is nothing wrong with observing your competitors.
- Jump into social selling without a strategy. You can waste a lot of time and effort if you simply wing it without a plan.
- Treat it as a traditional marketing channel. Endless self-promotion and aggressive marketing messages will turn customers off.
- Avoid complaints and negative comments from consumers. It’s best to be honest and transparent because companies that try to hide negative feedback are often called out on it. People will trust you more if you’re forthcoming.
For more information about social selling, or if you want to know more about the broad range of services that WSI provides, please do not hesitate to contact us today. Our digital and social marketing experts can advise you on the best social selling strategies for your business, so give us a call and discover why so many companies partner with us for success.
Back to social selling