Using Instagram for social media marketing: Instagram is without a doubt; a great place to build your brand and get your products and services the attention they deserve. You might not be aware of it, but some companies make as many as 20 to 40 sales per day, through Instagram! Now that’s impressive! Many business owners find the Instagram concept confusing or difficult as there’s no opportunity to add a link or a “buy” button to your posts. And that’s really the point. While you can make sales through Instagram, the platform is more about branding and creating the type of brand image that your consumers are excited about and want to support. This can be done quite effectively through your user profile.
You might think that you’d need to spend an excessive amount of time in Instagram to get that right, but that’s not really the case. Below are a few tips on how to get better results from your Instagram online marketing campaign without having to dedicate too many hours to it:
- Be active on Instagram on a daily basis. Of course this doesn’t mean that you have to bombard other users with your posts. Simply spend a few minutes every day liking a few posts, following other users and commenting on other posts that grab your attention. Do this and watch your engagement opportunities increase and more people will notice your profile of course.
- Don’t be all about business. Yes, the objective is to use Instagram to post some product photos, but you need to keep your customers interested and entertained. If all they ever see from you is product related content, chances are that they will lose interest. Post fun images, interesting quotes and similar. Get creative – post the type of things that would interest you.
- Get personal with your brand and consumers. Consumers are known to respond more when they know there are people and a story behind the brand and what the company does on a daily basis. Share glimpses of your team and life and you will receive interest from a broader and more personalised audience.
- Pique interest with sneak peeks. If you are working on a customer’s project or a new product, post sneak peeks of the progress and intricacies involved. Your followers are bound to be interested and get excited about the progress you are making too.
- Post promotional coupons and encourage followers to make use of them. Instagram is all about images and graphics. Create an eye-catching graphic that offers a discount or special – watch how quickly your images get shared and liked and your social media marketing efforts boosted.
Get Your Social Media Marketing Campaign Working for You with WSI’s Assistance
At WSI we offer social media marketing tips and advice as well as professional online marketing strategies and services to help you grow your brand’s following. With the assistance of our experienced team you can watch your Instagram and other social media marketing campaigns grown from strength to strength. For more information and advice, contact us at WSI today.