There is no denying that social media is a powerful tool that every company should have in its marketing toolbox. If this tool gets used incorrectly, however, you can cause great harm to your company image. So, be careful about what you post.
Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts from social media marketing experts WSI OMS that will ensure you use this tool correctly and to maximum effect:
- Don’t just post text. What people want is a healthy mix of content media. This also doesn’t mean that it’s enough to upload a few photos and videos, although, it is a good start. You’ll need to upload links to your website and other industry-related material.
- Use symbols like # and +. Hash-tags give your posts greater search visibility, while the + feature is a great attention grabber for individuals and brands.
- Don’t just post your own content – also share the individual content of your employees. This will make your social networking platforms come across as more social, highlight the individual personalities of your staff and so make the whole experience of visiting you on these platforms more personal.
- Follow the 4-1-1 Rule. This rule basically states that for every self-serving post, you should share 4 pieces of relevant content written by others and also not shy away from re-posting something when it becomes relevant again.
- Share helpful tips that are relevant to your followers. Don’t restrict these tips to your products and/or services. Also relay industry related advice. This will show people that you’re not just out to make sales but are also keen to lend a helping hand and so inspire people to visit your social media platforms more often. People tend to become loyal towards brands that they feel care about them and that want them to succeed in their own endeavours.
Contact us for more social media Do’s and Don’ts or for more advice on a social media strategy that really works.