What are people currently saying about you online? Is your business or brand being talked about on the blogosphere (blogs)? What are people saying? Is this something that you should be made aware of before it gets out of control and you can’t stop it? Monitoring what people are saying on the blogosphere and with social media can help you with your internet marketing campaign, and protect your digital reputation online.
With blog marketing you need to be proactive about managing your reputation online. It is not only important to monitor your own digital reputation of what people are saying about your business or brand, it is important to know what people are talking about regarding your competitors. This is a great way to get new ideas and it can provide you with new opportunities.
Track what is being said
You can track what is being said about your business, but this process usually takes a lot of time. You can outsource this process to another company that specializes in brand monitoring, but this costs money. Did you know that you can monitor the blogosphere yourself using various tools available online? Here’s a couple of tools that you can use to get started with this.
- News feeds: Search on the popular news feed services such as Google news for mentions of your name.
- Google blog search: Use Google blog search to search for mentions only related to blogs.
- Blog aggregators: Use top blog aggregators such as Technorati and search for your business name.
- Google alerts: Setup Google alerts to email/notify you any time your brand name or business is detected by Google.
- Forums: Search related popular forums for your brand name.
- Monitoring: Monitor popular blogs in your industry for any mentions of your business name.
- Trends: Search for trend tools online and watch the trends how often your business name or brand is used online.