Businesses often have their own LinkedIn marketing strategies, but many people use LinkedIn for one thing only – job hunting. LinkedIn has become the go-to place for recruitment agencies to find and head hunt new talent. In December 2014, LinkedIn published an article which analysed the skills and experience data of their users to find out who’s getting hired and what type of skills they bring to the table.
The top 25 hottest skills on LinkedIn for 2014 were as follows:
- Statistical analysis and data mining
- Middleware and integration software
- Network and information security
- SEO/SEM marketing
- Business intelligence
- Mobile development
- Web architecture and development framework
- Algorithm design
- Data engineering and data warehousing
- Marketing campaign management
- Mac, Linux and Unix systems
- User interface design
- Digital and online marketing
- Computer graphics and animation
- Java development
- Channel marketing
- SAP ERP systems
- Integrated Circuit (IC) design
- Shell scripting languages
- Game development
If you’ve got a LinkedIn profile which you hope will get you noticed by recruiters and you have experience in any of the skills on this list, it would be wise to optimise your LinkedIn profile with these keywords (simply write a paragraph about your experience or add the keyword phrase to your LinkedIn job title to boost your chances of getting picked up by a recruiter who is looking for someone with these skills).
Need someone to help you optimise your LinkedIn profile and help you network on LinkedIn? Contact WSI OMS today.