Social media marketing should play an integral part in your email marketing strategy, and vice versa. The first and foremost thing to do is ensure that your email and social media marketing campaigns look and feel the same; the second is to build a link between the two.
Besides the resultant positive brand association, there are other benefits to integrating your email and social media marketing campaigns. Email marketing is inexpensive, and if it drives more clients towards your social media platforms, that means more returns on your investments – put simply, integrating the two means more cash in your pocket all round.
Integration – how to do it
- Ask your email clients to either share your email or like you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. depending on which social media platforms match your brand.
- Include social icons in your email – it makes it easier for your subscribers to click and connect.
- Send an email for each social network, for example, send a “follow us on twitter”, or a “check out our pin” email.
- Offer an incentive, like a discount voucher for x number of shares, or offer email-only promotions to encourage non-subscribers to sign up.
- Promote your email subscription on social media too. For example, tell your Facebook followers that you have a newsletter and give them the option to opt-in via Facebook.
- Highlight ‘tweetable’ comments in your email that people can easily retweet.
- Make sure your emails are mobile optimized – many users now read their emails on their phones.
Engaging with your customers on social media platforms builds their trust, which may inspire them to read your emails and, in turn, buy your products.
If you need help establishing your email marketing strategy, or integrating it with your social media campaign, contact WSI OMS today.