LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 40 million members and growing. LinkedIn gives its users the opportunity to explore various online business opportunities, establish a professional business profile, stay in touch with workmates and friends. However most small to medium size businesses in South Africa seem to be missing the bandwagon, so I have compiled a list of ways in which they can use LinkedIn to add value to their businesses
- Learn & Share – With LinkedIn you can ask or answer questions. You can also connect with relevant groups to discuss matters that pertain to your business.
- Search for job candidates – This can be done based on references from recommenders. You should consider hiring candidates with lots of good recommendations
- Networking opportunities – LinkedIn gives you the opportunity to connect with potential business partners for instance you can search for potential suppliers or distributers of your products and services. The smart thing about LinkedIn is that your network members can recommend connections to you.
- Brand Building & search engine visibility – Your LinkedIn profile will be presented in the search results every time someone searches for your name. This will improve your search engine visibility and help you with online brand building.
- Industry events – LinkedIn will let you know of relevant events taking place in your industry such as tradeshows, conferences, and training events. This will keep you in the loop and updated.