There are many online blogging platforms that you can use to set up your very own blog. You do not need any web design experience to set up and start writing a blog- anyone can do it. Blogging platforms provide you with the web space you need to start getting your message across.
These are considered to be the five best blogging platforms:
- Blogger: This is a free web based blogging platform.
- Tumblr: This is also free of charge.
- WordPress: This is a very popular, easy-to-use platform.
- Squarespace: This is priced from $8 a month and it is web based as well.
- Posterous: This is a free web based platform.
7 steps to setting up your own blog
- Step 1: The very first step is to decide what you would like to blog about.
- Step 2: You can then come up with a name for your blog based on the nature of what you are going to write about.
- Step 3: You should think about whether you would like to use one of the blogging platforms or simply buy your own hosting space and domain.
- Step 4: You may then either buy the domain and hosting or sign up with one of the many free blogging platforms.
- Step 5: If you have bought the hosting and domain then it would be a good idea to install blogging software such as WordPress software. This software will make designing and editing your blog quite simple.
- Step 6: You may then begin to design your blog’s appearance.
- Step 7: Start adding content! The key is to write as much as you can and as frequently as possible.