Social bookmarking is great way to get more visitor traffic to your website or blog. Interested social bookmarking site visitors will discover your links and browse to your articles, website pages or blog posts.
Search engines will also discover your links found on popular social bookmarking websites as most of these Web 2.0 channels are ranked very high on the search engines. It is a great way to get your pages indexed on the search engines.
Social bookmarking can help you develop a regular flow of unique visitors to your website or blog over a period of time.
How does social bookmarking work?
Social bookmarking is a way of saving your favourite bookmarks to a public website and tagging them with relative keywords found in the content of the page you want to save.
Others can see your bookmarks and tags as you can see theirs. This allows people to organize, search and select bookmarks based on these tags. These can then be accessed from any web enabled computer.
People search social bookmarking sites to find the most popular websites dealing with almost any subject. Some of the popular social bookmarking websites features a ranking system where users can vote for your bookmarks.
To put it in simpler terms, if your site is rank highly by others, your links will become popular and viewed often.
Social bookmarking tips
- Register: This will be the first thing you will do when you find a social bookmarking site that you would like to use.
- Widgets: You can make it easy for other users to bookmark the content of your website and blog by adding social bookmarking buttons such as Digg, Reddit, del.icio.us or similar sites to your content. Visitors will then be able to bookmark your content with just one click.
- Participate: Search and find informative, great content that you can bookmark around the web. You will gain a reputation by only presenting the best content. Be social and social bookmarking will pay off.
- Great content: Always focus on creating content that is informative, unique and that inspire others. If your content doesn’t stand out, bookmarking won’t work. Valuable content is always the key.
- Occasionally bookmark: When you have created an outstanding content article, it is really ok to social bookmark it yourself. It should meet the standard you set for other or it will hurt your own credibility.