As digital marketers, we are a big fan of tying blog content back to your product offering. In order to find the perfect blog topic, you need to go through a series of questions:
- What do I need my prospect to believe in order to click on the call to action?
- What do they need to understand/learn/know before they will convert to a paying customer?
- What barriers do they have to converting?
- What objectives do they have to converting?
- What are they thinking about/worried about/researching/talking about before they convert on what you have to offer?
- What is the primary paint point your prospect is experiencing?
If you are a motivational speaker, for example, and you are offering a life coach workshop, then your call to action could be:
“Click here to access your Rebuild Your Life to-do list”
You have decided that your prospect:
- needs to believe that they have the ability to build the perfect career and work-life balance. An example blog post could be: “How to schedule your days so that you only work five hours per day”
- is objecting to restructuring their life because of a lack of opportunities. An example blog post topic could be: “How three working moms started their own businesses.”
Overcoming the barriers and objections that a prospect has is a big part in using your content marketing strategy to get more leads. Being able to pinpoint how your product or service solves a prospect’s exact problem will put you in the ideal position to create a number of high-quality blog posts.