If you are part a small business or simply want to optimise your brand’s social media presence on Facebook without breaking the bank, here are some useful tips:
- Stay connected. Don’t forget about your followers or leave them hanging. Posting regular, useful content and answering questions will build a valuable online reputation for your business and keep your brand at the forefront of your follower’s minds.
- Search on Facebook and Twitter for conversations that connect with your brand. You can easily set up Twitlerts (Twitter alerts) so that you will be notified if people are mentioning your brand. Join the conversation and start engaging with your online community.
- Connect your Facebook page with your Twitter account by updating your settings. This will allow you to post content from your Facebook page automatically to your Twitter account or vice versa.
- Avoid marketing your own product in every post, rather think outside the box and include content that relates back to your brand. For example, if you sell sports footwear then you can post links to sporting events, live scoring and so forth.
- Find the right time and days to post your content for maximum views. Posting late at night or on weekends can result in your content being pushed down your followers news feed by prime-time morning content, resulting in it being overlooked by users.
- Always include share buttons. This allows followers who find your content useful to add it onto their own newsfeed, giving their contacts access to your brand.
- Offer incentives such as discounts, special offers or competition entries to followers in return for “liking” or sharing your content. This is appealing to the user as well as placing your content in view of new contacts, and can be done at a low expense relative to your returns.