If you are social media marketing professional you are in an upbeat mode, considering the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) says there are 3.2 billion Internet users today. Over 87% of these users are on social media, which makes it easier for you to target more customers online. These numbers are projected to grow by 17% all the way to 2017.
While things are looking up for the industry, you need to consider other pertinent issues touching on digital marketing. To get a glimpse on what the industry requires from you, take a look at some of these germane issues:
- FTC rules come knocking: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is getting overly concerned over the relationship between marketers’ content and the client. It is time to stay on the right path in case you bump into these stringent gatekeepers.
- Matching advanced Facebook tactics: New formats are rolling out on social media and as a marketer you need to keep up for your strategy to work online.
- Beating the social media superstars: Getting Taylor Swift off the perch on YouTube to get your content noticed is nigh impossible, but with a solid social media marketing strategy you can chip on these superstars’ popularity leveraging other platforms such as Facebook, Vine and Snapchat.
- Real-time marketing: This is the time to turn culturally relevant moments into money makers through real-time marketing.
- Keeping up with new Ad tools: Stop getting comfortable with your marketing prowess on Facebook and Twitter and consider other emerging platforms including Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr.
- Untangling the Facebook Newsfeed puzzle: Nobody has yet gotten the trick but however frustrated you are, you need to keep trying considering the impact this platform has. One day your content will be on the newsfeed and this will feel like nirvana.
- New Twitter Ad products: Twitter is part of the future of marketing due to its real-time marketing capability. It is time to get insights on what the company has to offer social media marketers.
- Making social work for you: With an increase in the number of social media users, social media marketing can only go one way – up. This is where you come in in order to capitalise on numbers and make them work for you.
- Knowing the social media analytical tools: Can you prove your ROI through social media? Most likely this is a reason for disagreements with clients, yet you are not alone. It is time to get down and understand the tools that can really show what you have achieved. The great thing is, there some good tools for just that out there.
There are many other factors to consider. You need to maximise social mark-up, integrate real-time video in marketing, embrace Snapchat and Instagram as an invaluable platform, integrating social media with other channels, creating fresh social content and of course coming up with a strategy to work all this out.
Get in touch with us today for more details.