The world of websites is becoming increasingly populated. And so the layout and design of your website has now become just as important as the content. Web design helps to make your website more attractive to readers. There are many graphic design principles and programs that make web design easy.
Read these tips to create the most unique, attractive and exciting website:
- Layout the fundamentals: Before you start sprucing up your website make sure you’ve done your research, decided on the overall layout of your website and completed most of the design work.
- Checking the alignment and spacing: This creates order, organises your information and makes your site easy to navigate. Photoshop provides guides you can use to ensure all the elements are aligned. You can drag guides onto your elements from your rulers (press Ctrl-R to turn on rulers).
- Apply anti-aliasing to text: This refers to minimising the distortion in your text. In your Options Bar on Photoshop you can choose between various options of anti-aliasing; None, Sharp, Crisp, Strong, and Smooth.
- Colour correction and sharpening: Photos, images and icons are important in web design. Check colour balance, contrast and sharpness of your images to make sure they are of the highest quality. Also, make sure there is a balance between your images. Photoshop provides tools such as Levels, Unsharp Mask, and Curves to help with this.
Top graphic design programs for web designers
There are many other design programs and software out there that are as good as Photoshop. Here is a list of some of those:
- Visual Site Designer
- Web Plus
- Web Easy Professional
- Xara Web Designer Premium
- Net Objects
Remember to double check all your design elements before placing your website online.