Increasing targeted traffic to your website is the only goal with internet marketing. More targeted traffic means more sales, more conversion rates, etc. Obtaining targeted website traffic means that more people are viewing services or products that you offer. Social media marketing (SMM) is a powerful way to bring targeted traffic to your website.
How can businesses use social media effectively? Businesses need to build trust by offering value and interacting with people. This doesn’t mean one way conversations, it means discussions. So how to get started?
- Targeting: Social websites (Facebook, Twitter, Linked, Reddit), blogs and forums are generally specific to a particular subject. Participate and be active on sites related to your niche, these will be places where your targeted customers spend time.
- Participate: Be an active participant, a part of the community. Interact with others and become known. Be involved and post regularly. If you don’t have time, find someone else in your organization who will take this on.
- Blogging: Having a blog is an essential part for social media marketing. Write about topics that interest your ideal targeted customer. If what you write is fresh, original and important, you will attract both attention and links from other bloggers. A blog is also a powerful tool to gain one way backlinks to your website every time you post or comment.
- Build Links: Links from other social media sites including blogs are very valuable in building your search rankings. Original and informative posts serve as linkbait which will drive your search rankings higher and higher.
- Build Authority: By participating and interacting in forums and social networking sites, you will build a reputation as an expert in your field. People like to do business with people they know and respect.
There is no correct way to make use of social media. The key is to get involved and network with other. This will pay dividends to your business with increased visitors, prospects and customers.