Learning how to become a web designer – whether for business reasons or personal ones – is a great way to enhance your own skill set. The first and most important step is to find the right web design software.
As a beginner, you will want something easy to use – something that doesn’t require much knowledge of coding. Or, you may want to increase your expertise, and you’d therefore want a programme that offers enhanced capabilities so you can keep challenging yourself as your skills improve.
Either way, there is a programme to suit you. Here are our top five picks:
5 recommended web design software programmes
- Adobe Dreamweaver. This programme is a definite industry leader. It’s a hybrid editor that supports live design and direct coding, and you can create and edit CSS styles directly in the software itself.
- MS Expression Studio – Ultimate. This is a highly professional web design programme with advanced capabilities that are not often included in other software packages. Here, you can create web design on multiple platforms and devices, making it the right tool for web designers who want to advance their skills.
- Coffee Cup HTML Editor. This budget-friendly option is flexible, easy to use, and comes with a comprehensive user manual making it the perfect choice for beginners. With a customisable work space, code completion and professionally designed templates it can suit almost any requirements.
- WordPress. This programme is a free blogging service that requires no coding knowledge and offers you a great user interface, free hosting, and monitors your stats to boot. While this software is aimed at bloggers primarily, it is a great web design package. It is highly customisable, offers hundreds of widgets and gives you a superior level of control. What’s even better is that other users have posted hundreds of useful online tutorials and advice on how to solve problems and get the best out of your site.
- Namo WebEditor. This has a great new user-friendly user interface that lets you quickly reorganise and place web pages with a simple click-and-drag tool. Similarly, you can drag-and-drop items from your site library – anything from video, music, images and hyperlinks. You can also connect directly to your social media accounts with this programme’s Social Networking tool without compromising security.