Instagram has become a necessity in social media marketing and for a good reason. Top brands which use Instagram as part of their digital marketing strategy have seen an interaction rate of 2.3% per follower. This is 0.2% higher than Facebook and 0.02% higher than Twitter. This, combined with the high active monthly users (more than 400 million), have made Instagram a top priority for businesses looking for ways to take their social media marketing strategies to the next level.
Growing your followers
There is no magic bullet. There is no way to instantly gather thousands of followers on Instagram. However, you can improve your strategy and build up your audience with these tips.
- Have a clear strategy
Going into a marketing campaign without a clear strategy can result in wasting resources. Define your goals so that you develop a more targeted approach to attract followers.
Begin by researching your competition. This will give you a better idea of what to expect in terms of following, within your industry or niche. It also gives you an idea of the type of content that is popular and the behaviour of your target audience.
Decide on your approach. What story do you intend to tell? Having a compelling story will give your content purpose and inspire your community while attracting even more followers.
- Put your account out there
Make it easier for your target audience to find you by making your account more visible.
- You can use other social networking platforms e.g. Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter, to announce your account.
- Consider linking your account to your website and including a link in your email signature as well as in your newsletters. This will make it easier for people to find you.
- Follow other people popular with your target audience. Comment on their photos.
- Embed your photos on Instagram into your posts and content.
- Ensure you’re using relevant hash tags. This will ensure your content will appear in search results pages.
- Contests and Campaigns
Use contests to attract more followers. This will also drive more people to your website.
Contact us today for more information.