Launching a new web design is an incredibly stressful process. With all the different components that make up a great website, you cannot afford to let yourself down with silly landing page errors. Thankfully, there are a few ways you can test your landing page to be sure that everything is in place for the launch of your company website.
Landing pages have two major functions. They need to inform visitors on the specific services offered by the company, as well as tell visitors what they can gain from doing business and partnering with the company. The general rule is that a website has 4 seconds to get a person’s attention, so test your web page using these tips and you are sure to succeed.
Five ways to test a landing page
- Outsider perspective. The best way to ensure your landing page fulfils all its requirements is to get a fresh pair of eyes to look at it. Get the outsider to evaluate the message and determine whether or not the services and benefits are clear.
- Keep it simple. Make sure your page is not too crowded and cluttered and trying to say too much. Check that all your buttons, icons, pictures and infographics are simple to use and understand.
- Make sure the language you use on your landing page is easy to understand as an industry outsider. Try to avoid jargon and making your page sound like an infomercial with words like “we”, “our” and “us.” Your focus should be the client, so use words like “you” and “your.”
- Listen to your audience. Ask your users what elements are distracting and unnecessary and try removing them to see if it makes a difference. All landing page elements should ultimately support the Call to Action.
- Test different aspects of your landing page in order to get email signups or even monetary gain. Always pay attention to market trends and your competition and try to stay ahead of your game. Get rid of elements in your landing page that are not delivering the results you wanted.
Your company website is the most important part of your digital marketing strategy as this is the face of your online campaign. By partnering with WSI OMS, you ensure your web design will be of the highest quality and present a professional and informative window into your business for prospective customers. WSI OMS is also able to assist you in developing a digital marketing strategy that is ideal for your business, handling everything from social media marketing to mobile marketing and more.
For more information on the variety of services we offer, contact us today.