Video marketing is fast becoming a favourite means of marketing. Why? A one minute video holds the same value as 1.8 million words. Not only does a video speak a million words but it also reaches a vast audience, as about 100 million people watch online videos daily. Consequently a few myths about video marketing have been created. Here are five video marketing myths that have been busted:
- The duration of videos should be short. Most people have been informed that videos should not be longer than 2 to 3 minutes long. This is not true. The duration of your video will depend on many factors. For example, you should cater for each of your audiences depending on their need and level of knowledge on the respective topic.
- Effective videos are expensive. Many videos go viral on platforms such as Youtube which cost little to nothing to upload.
- A video must be creative, exciting and more. Simple communication is often sufficient to convey your message. The level of creativity naturally depends on the nature of the topic or cause.
- Video marketing is mainly for lead generation. Not only can you educate and inform your audience quicker and more effectively but online videos can add credibility to your company. Lead generation is merely one of the powerful tools of online videos.
- Videos should go viral to be effective. This is not only very hard to achieve but it is more often than not viral quality due to a shock, or at times inappropriate content. It will inevitable not add value to your brand image. However humour is often effective for greater traffic rates and less harmful to your image.
The time to make video a part of your marketing strategy is now. It can form a vital part of brand awareness and personal interaction between parties such as businesses and their clientele.
Call on WSIOMS for Video Content Marketing today
Contact WSIOMS for all your content marketing related queries and requirements.