The difficulty of SEO Copywriting is in writing pieces that are interesting, informative and search engine friendly. It is important to have a good understanding of how search engines work in order to effectively use the correct keywords and information and optimize your copy.
5 Tips for effective SEO Copywriting
There are a few factors that need to be considered when it comes to SEO Copywriting. Follow these tips to get the best results:
- Keyword density. It is important that the keywords you are targeting show up at the beginning, in the majority of the paragraphs and close to the end of your page. Do not stuff your SEO Copywriting full of keywords as the search engines will classify this as spam content.
- Emphasize keywords. Use bold, underlining or italics to emphasize your keywords as this will make them more easily identifiable to the search engines. Avoid confusing the search engines by emphasizing words unnecessarily.
- Use synonyms. Using synonyms will make your article applicable to more search queries as well as add depth and variety to your article. The search engines love synonyms and the same principal applies to plurals, so try to mix up the words you use.
- External links. Linking to pages that are relevant to the content on your page is important as external links will raise your search engine ranking. Just ensure the pages you link to have not been penalised or yours will acquire the same status.
- Latent Semantic Indexing. This is the ability of a search engine to pick up on the usefulness of an article. Use a wide range of vocabulary that applies to your subject and try to avoid repeating yourself.