This is part one of a two-part blog post about creating a web gallery for your website. Make sure to check out part two next week!
Photoshop has made the process of creating a web gallery extremely easy – you don’t even have to load the images in Photoshop in order to do this!
Create your own web gallery by following these steps:
- Click on File and scroll down to Automate and select Web Photo Gallery. A box will pop up, asking you for more information. Firstly, you will need to say which style you want to use for your gallery (select one from the drop-down menu – an icon preview of the various themes will be available on the right hand side of the page).
- Once you select the style or theme of your web gallery, you will be asked additional information that you may want to incorporate into your gallery (you can choose to include the email address of the photographer that took the photos in the web gallery, for example).
- You will also be asked for Source Images. You can either use images from a folder or from other images that the program might have). Most of the time, you will choose photos from a Folder – so you select folder and then browse your computer to find the folder with the images. You can also choose to use subfolders within that folder (simply check the box marked as “Include All Subfolders” under the browse button).
- You will then be prompted to choose a Destination Folder – this is the folder where the images and files will be stored. Create a new folder for this and call it “Gallery” or give it another descriptive name.
- Now you will have to choose the Extension, the two choices you will have are html or htm. You will also be asked additional information (such as, do you want to use UTF 8 Encoding for a URL, do you want to add width and height attributes for images and do you want to preserve metadata). Simply check the relevant boxes that are applicable to your gallery.
This is the first part of our web gallery series. Read the second part of this blog post to find out more about resizing the images and thumbnails of your gallery!