When designing your new website or overhauling the old one, why not decide on a couple of exciting new ideas such as incorporating a few animations, banners, menus and or buttons? You don’t have to go overboard, but giving your site a little zing won’t do you any harm.
So to get the ball rolling, here are a couple of pointers to send you off in the right direction:
- Gather ideas. Use another exciting site or original layout as a point of reference. Honestly? With the type of help that you will be able to glean from the internet, you are spoilt for choice and there will be absolutely no excuse not to be using the latest web design ideas that will impress.
- Have somebody redo your content. If you’ve got the same company profile and product categories from 10 years ago, it’s time to spice it up a little. If you’re not a professional writer, get your content rewritten by a copywriter!
- Loading is important – make sure your website users aren’t waiting around for your website to load. People get bored, and will then move onto your competition.
- Your graphics must be relevant to what product you are promoting. If you’re selling power tools, make sure people can see the tools on the home page of your website (not a company logo or a crew of people).
- Make it nice and mellow – colour schemes don’t only apply to your living room, but your site can also benefit from colours that are easy to read and not irritating to the website user.
If you are going the DIY route, there are a few website builders you could use. Make sure you don’t get conned into paying a once-off fee and don’t have any access to back-up support (you may need somebody to fix a catalogue or other elements of your web design, so get the service you need if you are paying for the program).