Despite only being launched last year, as of April this year Google+ boasted over 100 million active users. The social network gives users the ability to share content, stay up to date with industry specific news and also network and interact with users.
Many people were initially sceptical about Google+’s ability to add value as a social network. However, features like Google+ Hangouts, set this network apart from existing platforms.
It is also important to remember that different social networks have different uses. This makes it essential to learn how to use each platform, rather than to try and choose one that will meet all your needs.
Here are some tips you should follow to get the most from your Google+ page.
- Use keywords. Make sure you use keywords on your Google+ about page. This will make your page more likely to come up when users search for a particular phrase.
- Share interesting content. Like with most other social networks, sharing content on Google+ is one of the best ways to increase your followers. However, you need to make sure your content is interesting, so that people want to read it.
- Integrate Google+ with your website. Adding a Google+ widget to your blog makes it easy for people to share content with their Google+ page, giving your content more exposure.
- Tit or tat. Share posts by other people. This will encourage these people to share your content back.
- Engage. You should use Google+ to initiate discussions. Allow people to comment on your posts, and respond to them when they do.
- Hangout. Google+ Hangouts are a great way to hold video conferences with colleagues in different places. However, you can also invite the people in your circles to discussions on Google Hangouts. As long as your discussions are topical and add value, people will continue to engage with you in this way.
Follow these tips, and start using Google+ to share content, stay up to date and network with other users today.