The South African and world economy is only now starting to climb out the slump it’s been in for years. Business blogging and other marketing techniques are helping companies to effectively stand out in a crowded marketplace, but there are still many companies who aren’t convinced as to the merits of blogging for business.
As a 21st century company operating in a new technologically advanced world with tech savvy consumers, business blogging remains one of the best ways for a company to connect and engage with their prospects.
Top reasons to start a business blog
Here are 5 of the top reasons why you should be business blogging:
- Offer added value: There hasn’t ever been a time when consumers’ attention has ever been this scarce. Their suspicion of lazy marketing has also never been more acute. In this economy it is up to your company to deliver added value to your customers that your competitor isn’t. Using your blogging platform you can inform your consumers rather than promote to them. That is added value.
- Showcase the business’s personality: Your company and brand identity needs to be communicated to your consumers. Talk about stories relatable by anyone, like employees’ achievements or the way that the company went the extra mile.
- Boost your SEO success: Any company has the goal of being found easily online. Even though Google frequently updates its algorithms, they have said on many occasions that consistent posting of quality content with targeted keywords that’s relevant to your consumers will never go out of fashion. Why wouldn’t you listen to Google?
- Create open forum for consumers: A business blog provides a forum for feedback from your customers, which in this day and age is invaluable.
- Closing sales: Some studies have shown that when a customer read 30+ pages of self-published content, there is an 80% better chance of closing a sale.
If you are looking to run a successful business blog that will help you to take your company to the next level, contact WSI today.