There is a surprising amount of brands that still find social media confusing. However, the amount of brands that think social media is a superfluous and inconsequential investment is fast diminishing. Most companies are starting to realise that social media is here to stay and is a powerful marketing tool. While this is true, social media can also be destructive to your company and brand if not utilised correctly.
Many brands are still unaware or unsure how to make Facebook work for them and boost their business, or how to find success on social networks. The truth of the matter is that there are still brands that are making the same mistakes on social media and you might very well be one of them.
Here are five of the top mistakes that brands still make on social media and why you should avoid them
- Ignoring social media completely: Some brands just don’t understand the impact of social media and may choose to overlook it completely. Doing this will rob them of many valuable opportunities to connect with their audience and reinforce their brand messaging.
- Equating ‘likes’ with sales: Many brands think that getting a million likes on their social media accounts will directly equate into more sales. This isn’t necessarily true, it’s about how you interact with those ‘likes’ that will drive sales.
- Talking more than listening: Nobody likes to be bombarded with hard sales talk 24/7. Rather listen and respond to your audience instead of being a blowhard.
- Being inconsistent: This week you’re on your Facebook page every day and the next week no one hears from you. This type of inconsistency will wreak havoc on your loyal following.
- Biting off more than you can chew: With so many social media networks to choose from, it can be easy for your brand to bite off more than it can chew. Rather invest time and resources into a few social media platforms and do them properly and perhaps expand to more at a later stage.
If you would like more information on our social media services, contact WSI today.