The beginning of a new year is usually when new digital marketing strategies get cemented within businesses. Infusionsoft recently shared information about the top small business marketing trends that you should keep in mind if you are busy strategising about how you are going to increase your bottom line this year.
Social Media Marketing Trends
- Facebook is overwhelmingly the social media platform of choice for small businesses
- 75% of small business owners will include Facebook in their social media strategy
- 71% of small business owners plan to use social media content to acquire new customers
Small Business Owners Still Find Digital Marketing Success Elusive
- 46% don’t know if their marketing strategies work
- 17% know their strategies aren’t working
- 37% can say their marketing efforts are effective
Digital Marketing Spending Trends
- 28% of small business owners won’t increase their digital marketing budget in 2018. Instead, many will be looking for ways to optimise their marketing budgets and look for cost-effective or free tools.
- Spending percentages for the top 3 digital marketing tools:
- 38% on social media management;
- 30% for SEO and digital ads; and
- 24% on website analytics.
According to the research by Infusionsoft, the biggest challenge for small business owners in 2018 is finding the time or resources for marketing. More than 1 in 5 small businesses report that their greatest challenge is finding the time to properly market their business.