As the year draws to a close and millions of companies and employees wind down operations for the festive period, let’s have a look at 2015 social media trends and what to look forward to in the New Year. Many brands have come to understand the impact social media can have on their companies. However there are still many who are dealing with the challenges which accompany this reality.
Some of the challenges these businesses face include:
- Demonstrating an ROI of their social media
- Allocating sufficient human capital and financial resources.
- Reorganising their corporate structures to deal with user-generated content and customer social media participation, to name a few.
Here are a few of the top social media trends that will impact the way you market your company online in 2015:
- Facebook is down, Twitter is up: For many years Facebook has dominated the social media scene, with many viewing Twitter as a distant runner up. However, times are changing, but don’t count Facebook’s 1.18 billion users out just yet. Twitter, is on the brink of becoming a public company which will attract many latent users into becoming active users again.
- Snapchat Marketing: For those not familiar with Snapchat yet, this trendy and smart mobile app sends messages such as short video, photos and text, called snaps, which auto-destructs in a short amount of time. This can be anywhere between one to ten seconds, depending on the app’s settings. As of May 2013, more than 5 million Snapchat users were uploading more than 160 million photos per day.
- Google+: A recent study performed indicated that Google+ now has more than 540 million active users, which puts them, worldwide, just behind Facebook. This social media platform is still evolving and will be the platform to watch in 2015.